Sunday, October 20, 2013

Upcycling: Very Simple Cat Toys

I got this idea after seeing something similar to it on Pinterest.  The only thing is the project used the whole toilet paper tube for a toy, and I didn't think either of my cats would go for it.  So this is what I did:


I took the tube and cut it in half.  One half (the one on the left) I folded the ends inward, creating that little pillow shape.  I put some catnip and a few dried beans in it.  So if the scent of catnip doesn't work, the rattling sound should get the cats intersted.  I know one of the girls liked it well enough to kick it around a bit.  And she's one that doesn't play much.

The one on the right, as you can see, sort of looks like a flower (or a height-challenged octopus).  The girls don't like that one as much, but again, the one that doesn't like playing kicked it around some.

There you have it, really cheap cat toys from something we usually throw away.  And if your cats are anything like the ones I've had, the cheaper something is, the more likely they'll play with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Crazy Woman Hobbies. Please keep your comments clean and respectful. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Link Exchange with Crazy Woman Hobbies