Monday, October 21, 2013

Upcycling: First Batch of "Dragon Egg" Necklaces Finished

Hurray!  I finally got my flittering hummingbird brain to settle long enough to finish one of my projects!  Now I can sell these and make a little money.  I finished the necklaces on October 20, 2013.  The fastest part was crocheting the cotton chains.  The egg holders are all crocheted in random directions, so there's no real "pattern" I"m using, other than "will this hold in this spot?"

By the way, to reduce confusion, the length doesn't refer to the size of the egg.  It refers to the overall length -- chain and pendant.  There's no clasp on these; they simply slip over one's head.

All of the "dragon eggs" are hand-made and hand-painted, right here in Texas.  I made these out of grocery sale advertisements and school glue, painted them, coated them in sealer, and hand-crocheted the thread.  So please help support upcycling efforts.


Sky Blue and Deep Red Dragon Egg, with Light Blue Thread - 14 Inches Long
For Sale - $30


Dark Purple and Green Dragon Egg, with Pink Thread - 14 Inches Long
For Sale - $30


Copper and Peach Dragon Egg, with Three-color Greenish Thread - 15 Inches Long
For Sale - $30


Dark Pink and Iridescent Green Dragon Egg, with Off-White Thread - 12.25 Inches Long
For Sale - $30


Black and Red Dragon Egg, with Off-White Thread - 13 Inches Long
For Sale - $30 


Pink and Pearl Dragon Egg, with Red Thread - 13 Inches Long
For Sale - $30


Green and Yellow (Easter Egg) Dragon Egg, with Green Thread - 13.5 Inches Long
For Sale - $30

2 comments:

  1. They're beautiful. And I see you already sold one...keen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not exactly sold yet. Sale is pending, and I think it's going to fall through. The party interested is just as broke as I am, so it's highly doubtful I'll sell it to him. But if someone else buys it, then that will be cool.

      Delete

Welcome to Crazy Woman Hobbies. Please keep your comments clean and respectful. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Link Exchange with Crazy Woman Hobbies