Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cooking: Homemade Crab Rangoons

A few weeks ago, I tried making crab rangoons at home, complete with homemade wonton wrappers.

These below were ones that I'd frozen and then baked in the oven at 350 degrees.


The white powder is cornstarch.  That's the secret to making wonton wrappers that don't stick to the rolling pin, the rolling surface, or to each other when frozen.  Just give the rangoons a good scrape with a butter knife to remove the excess cornstarch.

The reason my wrappers are round is because I chose not to cut them into squares.  I used water to seal the edges.

Next time I try this recipe, I'm going to try replacing the cream cheese with tofu.  I'll let you know how it turns out, but I have more leftover rangoons to finish before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Crazy Woman Hobbies. Please keep your comments clean and respectful. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Link Exchange with Crazy Woman Hobbies