Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cooking: Olive Tuna Salad

The original recipe was one I found in an old 1990 edition of a Weight Watcher's cookbook.  I didn't have all of the ingredients to make it according to the directions, so I modified it.  Besides, I wanted to use up my romaine lettuce and the last tomato, so I turned the original recipe into a salad.


To make this, you'll need:
1 can of tuna, drained
14 pimiento-stuffed olives, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, minced
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
Lemon-pepper, to taste
Marjoram and thyme leaves, to taste
1 tomato, coarsely chopped
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
1/2 a head of romaine lettuce, hand-torn

In a small bowl, mix the tuna, olives, onion, mayonnaise, lemon-pepper, thyme leaves, marjoram, and boiled egg together.

In a separate bowl, put your romaine lettuce and tomato together.  Top with tuna mixture.

Enjoy.

Two of the baristas at my favorite Starbucks thought this smelled pretty darned good.  One of them really loves tuna, and he was trying to figure out if he was smelling some kind of salad dressing (he was smelling the olives).

I bet some minced ripe (black) olives would be good in this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Crazy Woman Hobbies. Please keep your comments clean and respectful. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Link Exchange with Crazy Woman Hobbies