Monday, November 18, 2013

Upcycling: Makeshift Litter Pan for Kitten

November 11, 2013, I came home from my usual routine and found a box on my doorstep.  Inside, I found a tiny kitten.  I'd say she was 3 weeks old, max.  Well, she's been growing rather well the past week, and I thought I'd get a litter pan ready for her when it's time to litterbox train her.


What I'm using is a plastic TV dinner tray that I used to use for feeding canned food to the adult cats.  Since it's deeper than most of the plastic trays I've saved, I thought it would be ideal for such a wee sprite of a kitten.  The paper towel was used to wipe her bottom, so to show her that "messes go here," I put it in the litter pan.  I've had the wee one for a week, and she made her first tinkle in the litter pan today.  Just think, training her to go in the litterbox without the traditional "rub nose in accident and show kitty to litterbox" sort of training.

She's a smart kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Crazy Woman Hobbies. Please keep your comments clean and respectful. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Link Exchange with Crazy Woman Hobbies