Friday, November 1, 2013

Cooking: Fake Beef Stew -- Slow Cooker

My Dad taught me how to make beef stew (with stew meat) many years ago.  That recipe has also evolved over time, and today, I wanted to try it with tofu.


What you'll need:
1 brick firm tofu, broken up
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
5-6 new potatoes, cut into bite-size, if needed
1/2 bag of mixed vegetables, frozen
1/2 bag of cut okra, frozen
1/2 bag of baby carrots
1 small onion, coarse chopped
2 cans beef broth
Black pepper, Marjoram, Parsley, and Tarragon, to taste

Mix all ingredients into a slow cooker.

Set slow cooker for 6 hours on high.  Stir occasionally.

A preliminary taste suggests that this is going to be quite good when it's done cooking.  It was already tasty when I was just putting it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Crazy Woman Hobbies. Please keep your comments clean and respectful. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Link Exchange with Crazy Woman Hobbies